Name:
Location: New York, United States

Love, hate, comments, sunshine and daydreams about films.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Chronicle of Fevers, Delirium and *NO* Discovery

Disclaimer - This is a damn lighthearted post about *fever*, any serious reader can consult this.

I was a natural and always was/is a weak boy. And above that guess what, I can vividly recollect countless pleasant (!) familiarities of being *down with fever*. Primary school days (and why mostly in summer holidays and in handsome monsoon of Calcutta?), come fever in late night in a wink and I could surmise with a sheepish smile of getting a few days break from the school. What is healthier than relaxing in daytime on bed, listening MJ, reading phantom comics, discovering stories of feluda with the adventurous tintin? A stipulated body aching, pulling the bed sheet onto you (and if the fever is little rushing, the bed sheet is replaced by a comforter), someone putting cold waters on the head, you are lying with closed eyes, listening the humble breathes of the slower ceiling fan and replacing feluda in Sonar Kella by yourself?

A very unlike me, I always used to talk and sing (!) a lot while being *down with fever*. And this comes so naturally…makes me wonder. Sitting in my balcony in a settling evening with covers, sipping tea, a feverish and confused mind, watching a tired one getting back home.. I used to feel there is *someone* standing with two legs on my shoulders and in a frenzy watching the whole earth (or was all due to delirium?) After getting a modest seniority in life, I derived that I have a tendency of getting allergic to *dust* (brotherhood of Cal) and *cold*. So savoring a taste of the first rain drop, walking on a rainy evening without headgear, ASAP switching to AC coveted room (after being out in a hot wet afternoon in month of june) were all strictly NO-NO business in my days. But anyway, as I said before, I cherished the pleasant familiarities.. .so I tried out all of them! After all, bunking offices in a week day is/was always priceless! The feluda was little phase shifted by Lem’s Solaris, WHAM was replaced by American Beauty (and the feverish Morrison yelling – LA Womaaaaannnnn)..but MHO…I absolutely loved the feeling of pulling the bedsheet once again over me…resting…

This alien land made so many changes, resting been replaced by rusting, and age is catching up such fast I can’t reckon…it is irregular but I started disliking of being *down*..

Is it because the predetermined time is such limited?

Random Pick - Stairway to Watchtower (Moe. & Keller)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ar said...

I was telling myself when I read ur last post: "Fever?! How can one have fever man? I have not had fever for like what...years now!". This post explains it! :DD
And I need to catch the "The Calcutta Chrosome". The plot seems darn interesting from the amazon review - "...which can shift bits of personality from one person to another..."!!
downloading the random pick right now. Thanks! :)

2:12 AM  
Blogger sattva said...

'resting been replaced by rusting'...nice.

i hated having fever...found it terribly boring.thankfully, had it rarely.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home