Name:
Location: New York, United States

Love, hate, comments, sunshine and daydreams about films.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Be Gentle When You Handle Me...

coz I bruise easily…

My pal GTom and Boy Joy (aka chord-master Joy) is a splendid duo! They create their own music, ranging from pop-rock to electronica to Baul stuffs! Needlessly to say, I am an ardent fan (my apt. is known as the groupie house) and cheerleader of their band :)

Anyway, GTom introduced me to the world of Indie singer-songwriter (or appropriately, an entire fleet of female solo musicians) genre. I was really unaware of these talented artists (so thank you bro). Here are some samples of these very gifted musicians. You guys might feel little *cheesy* but worth a try as always.

Natasha Bedingfield – I Bruise Easily (Unplugged)
Feist – Gatekeeper (from the album: Let it Die)
India.Arie – Good morning (from the album – Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship)

Enjoy :)

Well it's time to begin as the summer sets in
It's the scene
You set for new lovers
You play your part painting in a new start
But each gate will open another

June July and August said
"It's probably hard to plan ahead"
June July and August said
"It's better to bask in each others"

Gatekeeper seasons wait for your nod
Gatekeeper you held your breath
Made the summer go on and on...

Well they tried to stay in from the cold and wind
Making love and making their dinner
Only to find that the love that they grew in the summer
Froze

February April said
"Don't be fooled by the summer again"
February April said
"That half of the year, well we'll never be friends"

Gatekeeper seasons wait for your nod
Gatekeeper you held your breath
Made the winter go on and on....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"gatekeeper" is not cheesy at all. love it, and its on repeat. thanks, gift.

11:30 PM  
Blogger D said...

thanks k :). The *cheesy* is preceded with a "might" and "little"! I like all these vox :)

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why can't i download any of your recent music gift? not even the velvet underground in yr last post :( just doesn't seem to work!

5:06 AM  
Blogger D said...

@S - I think I ve the ans. Previously I used to post songs in my school server (so you can right click and save). but now, I am using *sendspace* site, so basically by clicking on the link you will be fwd. to a diffn url (site) and then save the selected song from the page!okies? Lemme know if it works..

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the potential 'Cheese' might oodle from the commercially packaged sound that actually make these singers break into the airwaves. Feist is perhaps the least commercial-sounding of the 3 mentioned. Also check out Imogen Heap (electronica singer-songwriter) and
Shelby Lynne (labeled as country though I find her ver folksy).. so much for labels.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home