Name:
Location: New York, United States

Love, hate, comments, sunshine and daydreams about films.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Two Thousand Places @ Once

Was in Boston area for a mere one day++. Had the priviledge to meet my bloghead pal VB and T. you guys are so so kind and warm. This post is for both of you :)

I was frantically searching few songs for them, but it is a genuine hard problem (and moreover when it is regarding Mr. *VB* the connoisseur)! Lastly, I just did a shuffle in my player and here are the first two random tracks popped up!

I caught a glimpse of Polyphonic Spree in PBS few years back. There were more than two dozen members, costumed in colored robes, singing gospel/pop/whatever and dancing but in an authentic uplifting mood; very catchy I must say.

Check the track Hold me now from the album Together We're Heavy.
The second track was Black Night – Badar Ali Khan.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! :)

Liked both tracks. I have seen PS on PBS also.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

liked the qawali a lot, gift. reminiscent of the departed one, specially towards the end.

11:00 AM  
Blogger D said...

@VB :)
@K - thanks, yeah the way he controls the speed of the song and his pitch..nice.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gift, thank u for posting both songs. enjoyed them immensely. and i swear i've been wanting to hear a qawwali...can't believe i found it here :)

12:34 PM  
Blogger D said...

@S - reading ur mind..lol :P

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home