Name:
Location: New York, United States

Love, hate, comments, sunshine and daydreams about films.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Land's End...

Saw the Biscos few weeks back. I possess most of the studio efforts & few show (courtesy LMA) and was eager for a real gig. Disco Biscuits is supposedly one of the foremost acts in electronica-jam genre and damn original. It’s difficult to name their sound but a “human stroke to electronica/trance” will be nearer to appropriate. As someone already said, some songs are typical psychedelic fest, some sounds like part of star wars trips. As I am not a connoisseur in their live shows, at times it was difficult to judge the “teases” and the “jumps”. Out of the set list particularly liked spacebirdmatingcall, mindless dribble, whip it and a nice rendition of – you can’t always get what you want.
Check out a popular Bisco track – Little Lai.

powered by ODEO
Also, this is known as the Stolen Tracks 2, the unreleased supporting materials of the album - the wind @ 4 to fly. The tracklist - World is Spinning,Caterpillar,Voices Insane,Rock Candy>Abraxas>Rock Candy,??:)).

ps - sorry for the buffering problem. here is another little lai from LMA.

And finally, it’s official. Bill Nershi is leaving SCI after the summer of 2007. Not only that, the official sources say there will be hardly few incidents till then and rest of the band is still undecided about the future plans. Personally the news made me very upset; but it was kind of an inevitable sad departure. Any big time followers of SCI is somewhat reluctant of their neo-signatures (especially the recent album - one step closer) and can point out very clearly it is no more the “Nershi driven sound”. Fans feel he is bored to play the hippie-trance stuffs.

As most of the band members have their respective side-projects to fall back on I surmise it might going to be the final encore of the Cheese. Though there is a gossip going on – is Keller joining the band as fulltime?

so long the pirates, so long the land's end...
will always adore that jellyfish swims in my head...

11 Comments:

Blogger TheLadyLazarus said...

Hey, really sad, but it kept getting stuck. Couldn't really ennjot it as much as I would have. A pity. Didn't do justice to it.

6:25 AM  
Blogger wildflower seed said...

Perhaps you missed it, but I recently posted a clip of an interview of Bill Nershi where he talks about his decision to split. See here :

http://cosmicelevator.blogspot.com/2006/11/goose-is-out.html

11:01 AM  
Blogger D said...

@TLL - thanks for ur comment :). but justice as in to the biscuits or string cheese?
Somehow I realized my blog is too much biased towards the jam genre. can't help!
@WS - yeah I missed the "update" part of the post. Got the news kinda one month back..sad one but if keller joins I wont be happy either.. what say?

11:23 AM  
Blogger wildflower seed said...

Hmmm, I'd actually be quite intrigued to hear how Keller might sound with these guys. I know he's sat in with them quite a lot, but I think it may be different (and interesting) if he were to join in for songwriting as well. At any rate, I am not as into Cheese as you are, so I am not taking this too hard. :)

I should add, however, that after what happened to Jerry, I am always pleased to see that people can extricate themselves from what seems like a great thing, and carry on being productive in other contexts. There always comes a time when this kind of divorce is needed. Look at Trey for instance. Jerry was just too much heart. :(

2:09 PM  
Blogger D said...

yeah -jerry was too much heart!well said...
For Trey, well its very difficult to please the phisheads* anyday. I heard most of the chaps go to see Trey with the hope that if all four reunites suddenly on stage! high hopes seems..

Did u check trey+mike with the Russo duo?

2:24 PM  
Blogger kundalini said...

gift - "little lai" keeps getting stuck. i tried twice. but from the parts that flowed, liked the sound.

9:34 PM  
Blogger D said...

@tll- ohh I understood it all wrong!!
I thought u dint enjoy the track.
@all- lemme hook up with LMA. sorry!!!

10:26 PM  
Blogger wildflower seed said...

Heh, funny to hear about the Phisheads. I read about Trey/Mike/Russo in a Rolling Stone interview recently, but havent heard them. I will look for them on LMA.

1:29 PM  
Blogger D said...

just bought a show of these four chaps. Iff interested will send in. Also, with the phish coventry! I remember!!

2:23 PM  
Blogger TheLadyLazarus said...

Biased or not, really good music. Thanks a lot.

4:42 AM  
Blogger sattva said...

the second 'little lai' doesn't get stuck like the 1st but just stops playing quite abruptly when it's not even half done :(

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home