Name:
Location: New York, United States

Love, hate, comments, sunshine and daydreams about films.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Life,Life

I picked an age whose stature measured mine.
We headed south, made dust swirl on the
steppe.
Tall weeds were rank; a grasshopper was
playing,
Brushed horseshoes with his whiskers,
prophesied
And told me like a monk that I would perish.
I took my fate and strapped it to my saddle;
And now I've reached the future I still stand
Upright in my stirrups like a boy.

I only need my immortality
for my blood to go on flowing from age to
age.
I would readily pay with my life
For a safe place with constant warmth
Were it not that life's flying needle
Leads me on through the world like a thread.

~Arseniy Tarkovsky

I was wondering which song might suite today, IMHO a Dark Star will do the best justice :).

Grateful Dead. Dark Star. 2/22/69 (Dream Bowl, CA).
This version is beyond any further words.........

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After your recommendation, I had to pull out this show and hear it last night. Random guess - 60% of my Dead collection remainds unheard. But thats a good thing.

:):)

12:12 PM  
Blogger D said...

@V-
yeah saving up for future use is always good :P

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful words...

Btw, can u plz email Dark Star to me, cant happen to find it. Loved the lyrics.

2:44 PM  
Blogger D said...

@sal - lil diffclt to send in mail, as any version of the song is beyond 15-20 mb :(

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home