Name:
Location: New York, United States

Love, hate, comments, sunshine and daydreams about films.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Bobbing on the surface...

Sometimes a particular tune you murmur in your mind too often. The hymn becomes a mantra and spins in your head so much you can’t escape. This happens a zillion times with me. Songs change but the effect remains the same. I regularly take a snowy road while walking the line to school and feel the motion of that tune in my body and soul. For few days it was Ripple and Moondance, and unless I sit in my lab and play these songs in my laptop they were not leaving me.

Last Friday it was a different song, was going a place with my pal I and he finally almost stopped his car and uttered “man! At least fifty times you sang this song in the last hour”!!

...I'm building you a pyramid
With limestone blocks so large
I drag them from the mountain top
You'll need a two car garage

And it's the ocean flowing in our veins
Oh..That it's the salt that's in our tears
Oh..Cause we could have come so very far
Oh..In at least as many years

Take the highway through the Great Divide....

Whoever loves this track, check this String Cheese version. (10/31/00)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favorite Phish tunes. Thanks!!!

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this moondance, as in van? :)

sometimes songs stay with us so long, they become us - scary!

9:52 PM  
Blogger D said...

@V- yeah its damn fave..mine too .
@K- yep..as in van! lately soo much u guys took his name :)...abt the feeling..i luv this scary feeling!

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

streamed it six times non-stop then decided i didn't want to end up like you...

10:37 AM  
Blogger D said...

@TR :).
BTW..this show is available on LMA...check it out..atleast for the killer encore set!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice. would have loved to have been there for that encore. vb and i caught a dylan / lesh show once (jones beach 7/26/00, from memory) where dylan let loose with a five track encore in the driving rain. magical.

this also took me back to sci 10/31/01, halloween the next year. madison square garden, right up near the rails. this was one of the first real shows (if not *the* first one) in nyc after 9/11. john perry barlow opened both sets, set 2 had a wonderful subway ride through nyc montage, and the encore was shakedown city. "don't tell me this town ain't got no heart!" check it out at lma.

6:23 AM  
Blogger D said...

thannks TR! got the feeling :)

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home