Name:
Location: New York, United States

Love, hate, comments, sunshine and daydreams about films.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Swadhinota

I frittered today (as almost every other day, no wonder) in the lab toying with my notebook and some crappy shortest path algorithm for a tree (who knows which is which….), back home it was the glorified independence day.

One more holiday, “if Bengali, then mutton in lunch”, simian activities by game show hosts aka politicians, Roja on TV (most probably Swadesh this time, surmising), finding never land in dreams, tricolor cakes in five stars.

One entire year of famine, flood, food dearth, screwed up evacuation planning, vote stockpiling, more corruption, bribery, parties, pretending we don’t see anything attitude, hence more corruption ....

Personally, I am an epitome of irrationalism and insensibility. I don’t have any nationalist slogan for my country, yet I carry a tri-color in my bag. I don’t vouch for a hiatus in the brain-drain game, yet I feel something uneasy with “yeh jo desh hai tera”. The signature music of “Chariots of Fire” forever takes me to the impulsive homesick trip to “Mera Bharat Mahan” commercial.

Imitating myself, life is a fuzzy business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home