Name:
Location: New York, United States

Love, hate, comments, sunshine and daydreams about films.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

One more Moe. ron

I discovered Moe. quite recently by the blessings of Yahoo launch. The track was Havah Negilah from their latest album Warts and all (volume 4). With deep regards to my perennial ignorance to good music, I was hooked by the song texture and the energy they have put into. Very soon I started collecting various albums of Moe. (Dither, Headset, L, No Doy, Tin cans and car tires, Warts and all etc.) and simply to put, I am blown away by Moe. It is not owing to my fondness towards the amulet Jam bands or I love lucid transcendent improvisations always. Moe. is definitely an amazing piece of band hailing from upstate NY, with deep roots in funk, progressive, jazz, ala Zappa style and of course these guys love jams. I read from various sources, that their fans (knows as Moe. rons, analogous to deadheads or phish-net or pirates) never understood why they are still not so big like Phish or Panic because they are easily much more talented. Well this fact is true with many aspects of life.

Wormwood is an exceptional studio-stage amalgam from Moe. The rhythm sections are recorded on the road, onto which they dressed the song with various labyrinths of effects, mixing and clear melodies. They borrowed assorted influences from different resources (Dead, Zappa, Allman brothers, Dan, Phish) but never reproduced the same though. This is very obvious in tracks like the title track (pucca psychedelic) or the track Okayalright (funky trips) or Shoot first (Latino movement) or Bullet (remember Mike’s song of Phish?) to name a few. The lyrical contribution is also to be considered in the album. Wonderful melodic guitar leads and interesting bass works follow almost all the tracks. The guitar solos in particular is the biggest asset why I am speaking so high of this album. The jams are more complicated and woven very meticulously than repetitive predictable chord progressions, which might be signature symbol of jam bands.

In my former post, once I had a comment on the paradox between studio offers and on the road shows from jam bands. Well, Moe. definitely proved me wrong. Expose to their music, you will feel the sheer depth in their creations which plasters the fragile periphery of studio albums and live albums of jam bands. Overall it is a great studio recommendation from a jam band.

Did I tell you, these guys are alumni of my school :) ?

Band - Moe.
Album - Wormwood (2003)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, great blog...I read it alot, I just wanted to drop a line.
Find internet online advertising as well as information on internet online advertising.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home